Saturday, July 4, 2009

Bunyan's Burden

Just finished The Pilgrim's Progress

Sin so affected Bunyan. Christian walked with such a burden, it weighed upon him like nothing else, but how great it was when he came to the cross and the whole burden was lifted!

How about Ignorance! He got so close! His theology would have sounded okay to so many Christians, I mean, he mentioned Jesus in his spiel. But to Bunyan, or Christian, he was clearly in the wrong: he didn't understand the base nature of man and so didn't really understand the need for Christ. And it made ALL the difference!

To see and taste the wrong things I do, to be reminded of how aweful my condition is outside of Christ and how ghastly my sins are in comparison to the glory of God and his grace toward me- I will pray these things weigh upon me heavily, at least from time to time...

And so how sweet the grace of God will always taste

No comments:

Post a Comment